Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Men’s Styles are Changing…

Along with different women’s style for spring and summer, the designers are changing what is in store for the man in your life. Most of the styling is for the younger man. I would guess the ages up to the early thirties or entering the corporate world.

Many younger and older women have decided the skinny jean and in some cases the skinny pant are great. Yes they are…if you have good looking legs and you don’t let the pants bag around the ankles. (I know that you have seen that with younger girls and skinny pants.) However if you have legs that are less than average these pants should not be your thing. I know I have two of those legs! After major weight loss my legs are just not a shining example of legs that look good in skinny pants. Bless the designers that brought out wider leg pants.

The skinny pant and jean is coming to men’s clothing. But what looks sexy and cute on a woman’s curves looks slightly different on men. Not that I am saying I don’t like looking at men, but…personally I don’t think that style has the same affect for men that it does for women. What was even more interesting was the body language of the models. Runway models are taught to only look a certain way. However, I noticed the men in these pants didn’t look like they were enjoying themselves. You can take it from there as to what I mean.

They other changed that I noticed was the new men’s carrying bags. Ladies if you don’t have enough room in your handbag you can borrow room in your guy’s new men’s carrying bag. They look like a cross between our totes and a store bag. It is different from the bags men were carrying a few years ago. These will rival our bags in size. In fact when these bags come out and women need a more tailored bag shopping for one in the men’s department might get you what you want.

Amazingly Yours,
Dr Marlene

Join me Wednesday’s for Amazing Women: brains, beauty & style on Voice America Women’s Radio network.
www.amazingwomenbbs.com . If you want to get your shape into better shape get The Thinking Side to Thin www.thinkingsidetothin.com How to change your thinking to keep, or get that shape you have always wanted.

No comments: