Friday, March 13, 2009

I AM SO READY FOR SPRING

What a treat it was to get the new Macy’s catalogue for spring titled Welcome Back Color! A wonderfully eye catching bright pink with a color spectrum slashed across the final page. What a breath of fresh spring air. I am so looking forward to spring now. Everyone needs the color that Macy’s is putting forth on its front cover. Looking at some of the other magazines of fashion they seem to be stuck in the same color doldrums.

With these colors I can see business coming back to that store. Who wouldn’t want to be surrounded by spring? The colors just pop off the clothes, handbags and shoes…ah yes the shoes. The styles are taking even us boomers into consideration.

Let’s be serious for a moment. The pricing is what it is all about right now. I was reading some information the other day on a book about women and sales in the U.S. We move that market and it is in much better shape than the one the men are in charge of.

Vogue tells us to splurge on a great pair of green shoes for only $1795.00. Whereas this catalogue has similar looking, in many more colors, averaging under $200 shoes. To me that would mean that if I wanted I could actually get 9 or10 pairs (Yahoo) for about the same price as that one green pair. Besides…they are on my feet and I don’t care whose name I walk on!! Shoes should be fun to look at, fun to wear and priced so you can have more than one or two pairs!

Color is something that I believe humans need to live. Recently when I redid my office, I wanted COLOR! Yellow on the walls makes every morning, when I come into the office, a happy morning. We should be putting color into our lives as often as possible. After such a long time of brown, gray and muted colors on everything I say bring the color in and make it BRIGHT!! If you can’t wear a certain color around your face…put it on your feet, carry it as a handbag, wear it as a bangle. If it makes you happy find a way. I really enjoy hot pink. However with my red hair hot pink next to my face makes your eyes hurt. Last summer I found a handbag in hot pink that I loved and got it. I got so many complements and enjoyed carrying it because the color makes me happy.

Surround yourself with colors that make you happy and feel good. Pass on your happiness to others…it will spread like the flu…makes you feel much better and lasts much longer.

Ah Yes I am ready for SPRING!

No comments: