Monday, January 14, 2008

Blood at the Rude Guerrilla

The other evening we attended a networking event and play put on by the British American Business Council www.babcoc.org at a small theatre called the Rude Guerrilla www.rudeguerrilla.org . An interesting thought, have a great time networking with business minded people then ‘rest your feet’ during a provocative and thoughtful play called: The Cut. What a great concept, networking before the play and after with the actors included.

The British American Business Council is one of the top networking groups in the area. The group has a variety of people that are actually interested in doing business. In fact I met Anne Berryhill at a BABC event and we are now collaborating on my radio show Amazing Women, brains, beauty and style to do the next two weeks shows on how to get the weight off and get healthy. See the information on the shows at these sites.
www.amazingwomenbbs.com or www.marlenesiersema.com or try this link for my book on how I lost 170 lbs after 50 with simple changes to years of bad habits. www.ThinkingSideToThin.com

The Rude Guerrilla is a typical small theatre in a store front with a loyal following and some really good actors. As we came into the theater there were only a couple of seats left in the front row at the far left of the theatre. We took our seats and the play started…as you can tell from the title someone or something is about to get cut.

At the end of the first act, I found out what and who that person was that was getting cut. But more important I discovered WHERE! Right in front of me! The cut was made and the stage blood came squirting out right on me, my pants and shoes. Red sticky stage blood…actually no problem if the pants and shoes had not been suede! I couldn’t help myself; the words came out before I could even stop…“Oh Sh_t!” As I watched the actors, only their body language told the story. Oh No…we got someone! Plus they got several feet of stage blood on the stage, which was fun watching because they had to avoid that part without seeming to avoid that part of the stage the rest of the show.

As the actors came out for coffee after the show the “cut” actor and director of the show came over to me. My first words were…I will never sit in the front row at a play again. My foot still looked like I needed stitches, my hands were sticky (stage blood is mainly sugar water) and to my luck the pants were black. It will come out. But the actor won’t forget the two words uttered at his big moment. We all had a good laugh and I think I made some new friends. I also discovered that champagne works great at getting the sticky off.

But more important I learned never sit in the front row is you even think blood will flow!!


Amazingly Yours,
Dr Marlene

Books are also available on Amazon, Borders and by special order at most bookstores.

1 comment:

Beatty said...

It was absolutely wonderful meeting you... Again, sorry I got my blood on you.. That is the Thrill of live theater!!! You were truly a good sport about the whole thing... and yes.. I do believe we've made some new friends!
David