Monday, January 28, 2008

Crazy Mixed-Up Monday

A Seminar with Fuzzy Bunny Slippers:

What a great weekend. It only rained at night…yeah…and I attended a great seminar in fussy bunny slippers. OK before you think I am complete nuts let me explain.

Attending any seminar across town or across the country is difficult with the busy schedules that most of us keep. Taking the time and money to sit for three days in a hotel may not be time well spent. That is one of the reasons that I was excited about this seminar.

I attended the virtual Wealthy Girl Summit put on by Alicia Dunams www.wealthygirlsummit.com . Alicia will be on the Amazing Women’s brains, beauty & style Show www.amazingwomenbbs.com on February 20th. I discovered first day this summit was going to be well attended as I logged on just a little late and the summit was totally full. Alicia fixed that immediately. The following day was a blow out event. The speakers were exceptional and the information they gave was useful and timely. Adryenn Ashley is a ball of fire. About the same as when I meet her during a Summit in New York. Marci Shimoff and Loral Langemeier are tops in their fields; and the list went on. My suggestion is to buy the MP3’s of the Summit if they are available. Alicia great job!

My Complaint with a Local Media Writer:

Maybe you have one in your town also. There is one in a magazine I receive, I would like to meet to see if he has ever had to lose weight or go through the psychological process of losing weight. Usually he isn’t too far off on most of his information, the problem I have with this ‘guy’…is he is coming from a man’s perceptive on eating plans. In a two week period he managed to put out two lists and part of one list was contradictory to the other. He said tell everyone that you are going to lose weight and what your goals are. Two weeks later he says “You let family and friends tempt you with bad choices” GOOD GRIEF…let’s get real! If you don’t tell anyone that you are on a diet, they won’t tempt you! They may not even know you are on a new way of eating. And if they do notice, that is all you tell them. You have decided to eat healthy. (Period!) Don’t give them one little inch to get into your head to change your mind.

Every year the majority of the people that go on diets are women. Why? First… men don’t have the stigma of gaining weight that women do. Second…when was the last time that anyone heard that any male actor needs to be a size 2!! If a male actor gains a pot belly, they just put loose shirts on him. If you look closely you will catch the bulges not matter what camera angles they use.

With women being the majority of people on diets at any one time…why do we listen to men on how to diet??? Our bodies are different!! If you want to learn what one women has done try my book The Thinking Side to Thin at www.thinkingsidetothin.com or on Amazon. Not that I know it all. Each person is different, but some weight loss problems are all the same. One is telling others you are dieting.

Old habits are hard to break. Once you start using new rules to break old habits why let anyone change your path to success!

Amazingly Yours,
Dr Marlene

If you want another book on sales, marketing and a new segmentation on both check out my other book Marketing’s Silent Language at www.silentlanguage.com . There is a limited supply of books left so hurry.

P.S. Congratulations to Tony Orlando on losing 103 pounds. I saw him in a diet ad and he looks like the mature version of the heart throb he use to be. Keep up the good work Tony.

1 comment:

Adryenn Ashley said...

Hey Dr. Marlene!
I didn't know you were an attendee! I'm so excited you got to join us! I wish you had been able to join us LIVE on Sunday. It was truly spectacular. At the end, the questions we got were not about where do I buy cash flow real estate, or how do I convert my orphaned 401(k) to a self directed 401(k). The questions we got were about how to BE a wealthy girl, what to do when your spouse is unsupportive, how to you handle the flinch response when you hit a roadblock. You are going to LOVE the videos (which you get for being an attendee)!

People can absolutley buy an mp3/video package (and we will have physical CDs for those who NEED to touch it and feel it)! Just go to http://www.wealthygirl2008.com and follow the instructions!

Warm Regards,
Adryenn Ashley
http://www.everygirlsguides.com